My Debut at Freedom Park, Lagos

Right in the heart of history and historic slave trade occurrences back in the days was i billed to perform. It was indeed a great honour to treat an entirely fresh audience to my sound. So, here is what went down. So i was to open the night so that i could get back to my family since i'm not very accustomed to the night life, kids and all. The moment i took the stage, it poured like hell. The rain was intense. At first, i thought it was okay, but then, my audience had to stay extremely far from me, trying not to get wet. I was under a covering so i was safe but my audience was several steps away from me. It felt like a plaque. I took courage and blasted through all my songs and really had fun. I
was extremely worried that i could not get my audience involved, hence, i could not tell how they received my sound and music. Well, trying not to feel so bad, i took a walk with my husband around the park as he tried to tell me that he knew that everyone enjoyed it as he could see them. Well, as we walked, some of the guests came out to take shots, shake my hands, introduce themselves to me and shared with me, how they enjoyed my performance. and that itt was indeed amazing. That made my day. Many thanks to my entirely loyal crew, the Theosolites and the ever responsive Debbiesoul and to my sweet husband. I love you all. #jammingintherain #lagosfreedompark #livemusic #saxophonist








Comments

Popular Posts