A Different February

I am hardly one to take birthdays seriously but times have changed and i must say that instagram and blogspots inspired something that i never expected. The need for very good pictures and scenes to share with fans and friends drove me to set up a proper photo shoot. Truth is, i did not have excess funds to throw around but i knew that i needed to share something beautiful with my friends.
Speaking about beautiful, the first thing that came to mind was to release my long-time cooking single 'In Christ Alone', an instrumental cover of a beautiful and soulful hymn. However, i started working on this piece in 2013 but somehow lost the data to technical issues. This generally slowed me down and i was not ready this time so i resorted to just doing a photo shoot.
So, the first thing to do was to decide on what to wear which did not come through until the last minute. I wanted a beautiful audacious look hence my decision. I am not patient with make up so i contracted that to a friend and a colleague, Derayo who by the way did a great job even when it fell on the day of a major dress rehearsal towards her first year MUSON Diploma School recital.
I had to let down my one-year old natural hair. The thing is i had  weaves on from the week before. My special and amazing photographer, Boluwaji Adelabu just showed up from her 'self find' of almost a year. She cheered me through out the shoot and make up/touch ups.
The day turned out to be quiet for me cos in the midst of all the cakes and ice cream, i was trying to stay quiet in my spirit. 
My pictures attracted several likes from friends and the public. From home and abroad, i received several birthday wishes and love that opened my heart further. This is my official thank you to members of the MUSON Alumni, MUSON School of Music, my family, colleagues, GirlsRule Band, Community of Close Friends in Houston, etc.God bless you all for your love as we look forward to a more productive year.















Comments

Popular Posts