Something to Hold on to

As March the 18th Friday Nite Live Gospel Jazz Series draws near, I am becoming more and more excited and some how apprehensive and all I really want is something to hold on to. Victor Odetunde, the main act is jazz himself and I am all sentimental, but I honestly want something I could be very proud about. So over the weekend, I met with the young and talented pianist Timothy Ogunbiyi and he brought out this raw piece that he's been working on and asked me to try it on the Soprano Sax and the moment I played the first line of the melody, I knew this was it! It still needed a lot of work but i can totally relate to the lines. Now we need to add some vocals/lyrics to take it a notch higher. Hopefully by the next meeting, it will be more smoothened. So I can say that there is something cooking, and it's got it, soul, rhythm, melody, great sound... March 18 will be a great one.

Comments

Popular Posts