My 2016.... Highlights


You know, i've never really sat down to replay 2016 as a whole. However, every single time, i have reasons to be thankful for like every milestone. i will like to share two of these.

1. Wakaa in London - Summer, 2016
I had never really been involved in Musicals, but i have always watched and enjoyed the experience, from the screen or theatres. I was invited by Ayo Ajayi, the Music Director, just 3 weeks to the trip
and actual production. This was the first time a Nigerian Musical Theatre would be showing for days in London's West End. It would be the most memorable and fun and musical experience for me. This was all thanks to Ayo Ajayi, who believed in my skills and Mrs. Bolanle Austen-Peters for this creative idea and for the recognition after every show.
Ayo Ajayi - we met in 2005 back in AOCOED and we always knew that he was different. He was already a musician while most of us were just being introduced to musical notes. He had this graceful command that even the seniors responded to him. He made my 2016 memorable.

I was the official and only saxophonist/horns man on that production and i loved that fact because i had responsibilities, no hiding and I was free to be creative.
I learnt that my dreams may be bigger than me, but i can the achieve them. It also taught me the importance of people in your life. Loyalty, friendships, and so much more.

2. Studio Recording - October, 2016
Michael Oloyede, a renowned drummer, drum technician, sound engineer and musician is a senior friend and colleague, he was always on my case, pushing, encouraging and supporting my art. He would say, "You should record something, you have a great sound" He was the beginning of my journey and recording and he was a part of it to the finish. This really drove me. For every moment we shared, i'ld leave feeling better and stronger.  This brought about release of "Untitled" which was written by the very talented and young pianist and composer, Timothy Ogunbiyi. These songs were produced by Philip Uzo... i will not say much about him today. I'll leave that for another day.
Untitled was released in October 2016
In Christ Alone was released on Christmas Day, 2016

Comments

Popular Posts